Why we need your support
INTERNATIONAL DIVISION - WHY WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
The globe is multilingual and diverse. The world operates on language, and communication is key. Not all languages are supported equally, and that's why we are here to help. We strive to create opportunities for students of all walks of life to learn less commonly taught languages (LCTLs), those often under-represented academically. You can contribute to this global language learning community by donating to this critical Language Program Office fund to support scholarships for underrepresented student populations, establish new programming, and develop teaching materials for underserved LCTL languages.
This year’s Day of the Badger contributions to the Language Program Office Fund will enable our unit to expand language learning opportunities to qualified students from around the world. With your generous donation, we’re able to:
- Provide scholarships to students from underrepresented populations to study less commonly taught languages (LCTLs).
- Offer professional development training, workshops, and vital experiences to students, instructors, and staff.
- Develop and standardize teaching materials for LCTLs.
- Engage with, support, and foster the further development of LCTLs through teaching, learning, and research both at UW–Madison and beyond.
Language education in today’s fast-paced and globalized world is essential to UW–Madison’s impact and reach. Your gifts ensure that the Language Program Office remains at the forefront of international communication.
The programs under the LPO are:
- Wisconsin Intensive Summer Language Institutes (WISLI)
- Regional Flagship Language Initiatives (RFLI)
- Project Global Officer at UW-Madison (Project GO)
- American Institute for Pakistan Studies (AIPS)