ODYSSEY - WHY WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
CHALLENGE GIFT AVAILABLE: Help us unlock a match! If 60 donors give to Odyssey during Day of the Badger, $5,000 will be unlocked. If 120 donors make a gift, an additional $5,000 will be unlocked for a total of $10,000! We thank Jeffrey and Vicki Russell, Colleen Johnson, Jenny Pressman, Donna Gastevich, and anonymous donors for helping us offer this match.
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the UW Odyssey Project, and Odyssey families need your support now more than ever! The award-winning Odyssey Project expands the UW–Madison experience to a wider and more diverse population and addresses racial and economic inequities through its unique (and free!) humanities programs. Your support provides educational programming and wraparound services to Odyssey students, alumni, and whole families so they can stay on their educational paths. Your gift truly changes lives.
On this Day of the Badger, we’re aiming to double the number of donations from last year and receive 120 gifts in honor of our 20th anniversary. If we do, a group of Odyssey supporters including board and staff members will donate $5,000 towards our total. Your gift of any amount will help us reach our goal and unlock the challenge match!
In fostering a welcoming yet rigorous learning community, Odyssey takes a whole-family approach to breaking cycles of generational poverty and gives typically underserved learners a voice. The Odyssey Project includes six main programs:
- Odyssey Course — A two-semester, six-credit humanities course for adults
- Onward Odyssey — Additional courses and wraparound services for Odyssey alumni
- Odyssey Junior — A literacy and arts-based enrichment program for Odyssey students’ children and grandchildren
- Odyssey Beyond Bars — A transformative credit-bearing and enrichment education program for incarcerated learners throughout Wisconsin
- Odyssey Beyond Wars — A humanities program for veterans transitioning back to civilian life
- Odyssey Senior — An enrichment program for Odyssey students and their relatives aged 60+
Can we count on your support to help us reach our goal of 120 gifts in honor of Odyssey’s 20 years of transformation through education? Thank you!
The Odyssey Project is a part of the wider Raimey-Noland Campaign for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, a campus-wide effort to build a more diverse and equitable community on campus and open doors for future Badgers.